Bio-identical Hormone Therapy (BHRT)
What is Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy provides a treatment using naturally derived hormones that are the identical, chemical equivalent to the natural hormones found in our body.
- The process begins with a in-depth consultation and analysis of blood work.
- Specific hormones will be replaced based on the patients symptoms and blood work.
What are the symptoms of Hormone Imbalance?
- Difficulty sleeping
- Feeling sluggish during the day
- Decreased mental concentation
- Mood swings
- Weight gain and decreased ability to lose fat
- Decrease in muscle strength and tone
- Decrease in libido or sexual desire
- Brain fog
What is the goal of Bio-identical Hormone Therapy (BHRT)?
Both men and women experience hormone deficiencies as they grow older. Women go through menopause and men often experience andropause. Both of these changes in the body can induce undesirable symptoms. With BHRT, most patients experience:
- Regain energy
- Increase in mental clarity
- Improved body functions – sleep, relaxation and mood
- Stronger Metabolism – build bones, muscle and burn body fat
- Improved libido
*Studies suggest that hormone therapy could reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, high cholesterol and Alzheimer’s disease.*
How are Bio-identical Hormones Administered?
We prescribe the bio-identical hormones in the form of pellet therapy. Progesterone when indicated is given as an oral capsule. Our experience has found that pellet therapy delivers consistent, physiologic levels of hormones that maintain a constant and steady optimal level.
- Pellets are extremely small and usually painless to insert.
- Pellets are inserted into fatty areas of the body, usually the buttocks.
- Women will achieve steady hormone levels for 3-4 months.
- Men will achieve steady hormone levels for 4-5 months.
Call us today to get started: 215-862-6100